Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Find Yourself

I prefer children now
At least they tend to move forward

Adults take their cemented coping and carry it
And right when you think they are moving forward
It's right back to the start

I get exhausted watching people turn back around
To crawl back in the same holes
That got them in the same old messes
Over and over again

I wish I had a delete button
I could just make people disappear from my life
On days like today
When I just can't take it anymore

I despise the evil in the world
The broken promises
And broken hearts

I don't want you anymore

To turn me into a child in all the worse ways
Wiping away my common sense and experience

I just don't have any more shelf room for you
Just won't fit

Find yourself
Outside of everything you know
Set free what you're supposed to be
And then report to another's heart for duty

And I
Just want to be me


"We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others,
that in the end,
we become disguised to ourselves."

Francois de la Roche Foucald

No comments: