Saturday, February 2, 2008

Lady's Man?

So, This post is a little out of the ordinary. It's about a certain term that I've been hearing far too often these days.... Lady's man. What does this really mean? A man that prides himself on being good with the lady's? Well, what does that mean for the lady's? I'm not sure if guys think that girls want someone who is great with words and has all the right "moves", but I must say that I don't. I would hate to speak for women in general. I don't know what all women want, but I am sure that there are other women who feel the same way I do. I feel a need to speak out for those women. I for one don't want a "lady's man". I remember hearing many times that people who do too much partner exchanging before marriage have a hard time staying with one person once married. I believe that the same philosophy applies to this. If a man creates his entire identity off of being a pathalogical flirt then when he finds the one... How the heck is this woman supposed to know? The answer is, she won't. Then if he does decide to commit as far as marriage (very unlikely), then how is he going to stay committed. Once a cheater always a cheater, and once a flirt always a flirt. I don't know about all the other women out there. But I must say, I do not want to be legally bound to a pathalogical flirt. The games have to end one day. So, Why not choose the high road today?

4 comments:

Margaret said...

I like this article Catie! And you're so right- I wouldn't date a ladies man- I actually laugh every time I see a "ladies man" because they crack me up! Tryin' to be all smooth and all. But they're not. And I love the picture that you put up for this one- what a ladies man!! I bet he gets all the ladies!!!

Catie said...

He does. haha. That's why I chose Hugh Grant. He has the worst reputation in Hollywood for sleeping with anyone and everyone. He's been busted with prostitutes a ton of times. I bet he's def the lady's man... and I wonder how many diseases he has to go with it.

Chinchin96 said...

Hmm, good point here. I agree wholeheartedly. I don't even use that term. Not exactly sure what it implies but no attractive either way. Nice post!

Anonymous said...

so true! no one wants a "lady's man".....
speaking for myself, men who legitimately get along well with people in general are very attractive, but if they are flirty with lots of girls, i lose interest fast.
however, i do think it is necessary and healthy for a partner, be it girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/etc, to have friends of both sexes....there is no harm in that.