Thursday, July 30, 2009

Battle

These thoughts move like hurricanes
Destroy like volcanoes
And appear like the wind

These are the things that keep me grounded
To nothing
An illusion that something is beneath my feet
Breaking the fall between me and eternity

The battle rages inside me

To God be the victory
And to hell with Satan

The battle is bigger than me

You see?

This is a battle that has been going on
Since the woman and the tree
This battle now lives in me

And I refuse to let the enemy take hold of me
Because his death grip squeezes the breath out of my lungs
And it's already hard enough for me to breathe

I wish I did not name the field lonely

Standing in the front lines
I see no one by my side
And If I forget to call God tonight
Than I will be a bullet sponge
One more time

Not again
These sins are forgiven
Lies hold no place in my life
And the enemy has no authority over my mind

It was all put behind
And I'm tired of fighting tonight
So I will crawl again
Beaten up and broken down
Into the arms where Love is found
The arms of God
Where I rest

I want earthly love no more

This grace is all I need
Rest is all I hoped for

2 comments:

GKM said...

"And If I forget to call God tonight
Than I will be a bullet sponge
One more time"

...yeah..been there done that :/... but his mercies are new every morning!

GKM said...

He replied, "I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, broken down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too."

After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.