Monday, April 13, 2009

Clear Skies

I do not regret
Trying to stay away from the infamous linger
But thinking back
If I were to say that I miss anything
It would have to be
The way you looked at me

As If I were the first person you'd seen
And the last you ever wanted to
Brand new
In an open sky
Mind blowing

I want to love you for the rest of my life
Kind of way

The way we don't forget
And remember clearly
Even when I'm 80
And I can't even remember my own family
I will remember the way you looked at me
Shaking the earth from beneath me
Begging the sky to fall on top of us
Never questioning what it would bring

That's how I know
That there is eternity
Bonding on this earth
End not with death
Death is mearly a movement
Until we meet again
And that we hope to
That I hoped always for you

But what if my reason sets in
And I know that the last pure look
That you shot in my direction

Was the last I will ever see
From
Your blue eyes
Our clear skies

No comments: